Making some ‘Shroom Salad for a late lunch today. Sooo easy to make and tastes so fresh! And look how pretty it is too!
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 small Red Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Parsley (fresh), chopped
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 small Lemon, for juicing (or 1/2 large)
- A few shakes of Black Pepper
- A few shakes of Oregano
- 4-6 Fresh Spinach Leaves, chopped, optional
Directions – Salad
- Obviously, already sliced mushrooms is the easiest way to go. (If you only have whole mushrooms on hand, then you will need about 4-6 mushrooms to make a cup, depending on size. DO NOT wash your mushrooms as they retain moisture. Instead, dampen a paper towel and wipe them clean.)
- Toss the mushrooms, red onion & parsley together in a small bowl and set aside.
Directions – Dressing
- In another small bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 lemon (remove any pits that you missed!).
- Add the oil, pepper & oregano and whisk together with the lemon juice.
- Give it a taste & add some more pepper and/or oregano if desired.
- Pour over salad.
- Another way to mix your dressing would be using a small container with a lid & shake vigorously for about 15 seconds. This is my fave method although please take a lesson & hold the lid closed while shaking! 🙂
- Squeeze lemons cut-side up in the palm of your hand over your other hand to help catch pits or you can also squeeze them over a small strainer.
- You can garnish this salad with some fresh chopped basil if you like.
Give this recipe a try & let me know what you think! Tasty? Easy directions? Any variations you tried?
Ciao for now!